Thursday, September 29, 2011

a morning by the lake



Oh well, I know I've kinda neglected my blog lately (as well as the Nikon). But this morning was simply too perfect to not be captured.  I arrived at the lake (who's actually just next to our property at work) exactly the moment the sun rised up. There was still a bit of mist left and the water was as quiet and reflective as a mirror (until the dog jumped in:-)
It was a moment to hold in and breathe, pure and calm and I couldn't have asked for a better way to start the day.
My shoes were completely soaked from the wet grass when I finally arrived at work but a cup of hot coffee warmed up my body and the lakeside impressions I had in head warmed up my soul.




2 comments:

  1. How wonderfully calming this post is...these photos are absolutely breathtaking! I long to have your view... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice, quiet calm. Love the simplicity & minimalism of the third image. Good choice for black & white.

    ReplyDelete